Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Green Lights and Red Lights

I seem to be in my car a good portion of the day it seems like, and I have realized that there is something fishy going on. Every single time I am running late, I have to stop at each red light. And I just get later and later. But the times when I have extra time, and I want to stop at the lights to eat something, like cereal or a salad, I never have to stop or the light turns green right away. Why is that?

On a different topic, I saw Dylan's teacher at Costco tonight, and she commented on how well he has been doing in school. With a week like last week, it was nice to hear something nice about one of my kids. (and then tonight, he actually spent a good deal of time memorizing his poem for tomorrow...is there hope that he might actually be responsible?)

Finally, there is this girl in Spencer's class that he really likes. Well, today after school another girl came up to him and said that the other girl just likes him as a friend. I know he was trying to act like it didn't matter, but he talks about her all the time, and I could just feel his heart breaking. Not that I am encouraging any kind of romance for 8 year olds by any means, but...I felt sad for him. I am sure only the beginning of heart aches to come. I am totally not ready for these kind of things.

3 comments:

Bryn said...

Go Dylan! Sweet Spencer! What a bummer...

Laura said...

The exact thing happens to me with the lights. I always tell the kids we have to leave for church 20 minutes before it starts because if we do, we will hit all green lights. If we leave even 17 minutes before church we will hit all red lights and then be late. Doesn't matter what time of day church starts, it always works that way!

jessica said...

I think I have the same curse of the lights that you have! Someone is in cahoots somewhere:)