Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
We went to Arizona for Thanksgiving.
(Playing at the park)
(Here he is singing to my playschool kids)
...and started cub scouts
All in all it was a very busy month. We were so excited to welcome a new cousin, Alysa to our family. And although I can't wait until Chad finds another job, I have totally enjoyed having him around more. I sure wish that he could just stay home with us all day (and somehow have a steady paycheck at the same time =)! )
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Dylan in one of his more contemplative moods (probably planning his attack on the Jedi)
Chase sitting on the rock Ghost.
Brooke trick-or-treating. She loved it.
A rare photo of myself roasting a hot dog. In case you couldn't tell, I was a cowgirl.
Brooke looking cute earlier in the day
All in all it was a fun filled day. The kids didn't have school the next day so it was even better. And we had so much fun hanging out with our neighbors and friends. It is too bad that we can't all just slow down a little bit and gather around a fire every night. Oh well, at least we have Halloween.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
The very very spinny ride. I saw more than a couple of kids getting off of this ride, not looking well.
Brooke loved it, but she looked a few shades paler when it was all over. It could go around very fast. Chad actually got dizzy and had to walk away just watching it.
Loading up the wagon with some big pumpkins
Brooke taking a rest, trying to decide which pumpkin to pick.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Fighting Darth Vader!
Last Thursday Spencer and I did something totally fun. We went to Disneyland all by ourselves. Just me and him. It was so much fun. One of the things that he really really wanted to do was the Jedi training. We made sure and did that first. I was so glad that he got picked because he was so excited to do it. After the Jedi training, we just went wherever he wanted to go. We went on the cars, the Matterhorn, the "Indiana Jones" railroad (our name for Big Thunder Mtn., he is too short for the real Indiana Jones ride), Pirates, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mtn, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad's wild ride, the carousel, and the finding Nemo Submarine ride. It was just great, there were almost no lines on any rides. We just walked right on to some of the rides. On the way to one of the rides we stopped and got ice cream and walked while we were eating them, and then he wanted to stop at the petrified tree to finish eating. While we were sitting there in front of the water, the big steamship came around the corner. He was so surprised because it was so big. It was so fun to just do whatever he wanted to. After we got off of a ride, I would say "ok, now what?" and then we would go there. We were celebrating his birthday so he got to wear a special birthday pin. All of the workers that saw the pin would say happy birthday to him. He was so excited every time they said it. It was an amazing day.
Contemplating the remarkable size of this rather large lollypop!
I love this little guy!
My little Sweetie!
I didn't want this day to end. We had such a fun time. I realized on this day that I need to spend more one on one time with my kids. It gave me a chance to really just hang out with Spencer instead of running around doing all of the stuff we usually have to do during the day. It was so nice to be able to just stop and lean down when he was talking and actually listen to everything he had to say instead of trying to listen to all 4 of the kids talking at once. I just loved being able to give 100 percent of my attention all to him for a whole day. I can't wait to do it again. (And believe me, the boys keep talking about when "their" day will be). Thank you Spencer for a wonderful day!!!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Here are the rules:1. Link back to the person who tagged you. 2. List the rules on your blog. 3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of your own. 4. Tag 6 bloggers to complete the meme.
Here are six quirky things about me:
1) I have this very strange almost obsessive paranoia about burning down our house. I routinely go back into the house just to "check" to make sure nothing is left on. I have been known to go back two or three times because I might have left a light on, and then I might have left a light on when I was checking so I go back again. Once I even left a sacrament meeting because I couldn't remember if I turned off the hair straightener at my in-laws house, and I didn't want to be the one responsible for their house catching on fire. Just FYI, not once have I ever returned to "check" if everything was off to actually find it on.
2) When my throat itches, I do this weird clicking thing with my tongue to scratch it, people always make fun of me when I do it.
3) I love baby equipment. I always have. I just love to look at it. When I was a kid I would go straight to the baby department just to look at all of the stuff, strollers, car seats, playpens etc... Then when I had babies, I was in heaven, because I actually got to buy it. I still do sometimes just stroll down the baby section in Target or Wal-Mart just to look.
4) I love to rearrange furniture. I have always loved to do that too. I would routinely change my bedroom around as a child. It is a little harder to do that now, there aren't very many options for our furniture in the house we are in, but I still do think about how I could move stuff around constantly.
5) I just have to see any movie with Matthew McConaughey in it.
6) Unlike most women I never crave chocolate. I like it, and I will eat it, but it is something that I could live without if I had to. I do however love sweet candy, especially jelly bellies.
I tag my sister in laws Lisa and Mary, three playschool moms Amanda, Jessica, and Laura, and finally Michelle (you can't get out of this one, I put your name on it =)).
Friday, September 5, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
One of the projects we did this week.
Dancing during music time
The girls playing dolls (I still can't believe Brooke is old enough to be doing that)
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Now that he has a number and name on his back, I can tell where he is
Chase (and Chad) going onto the field
Chase got to be one of the one of the team captains who did the coin toss at the beginning
(If you click on the picture and enlarge it, you can see number 30, Chase)
Chase standing on the sidelines
All in all it was a good day. Chase was part of the first tackle, and he played a lot. I didn't get too many pictures of him in play, one because my camera doesn't zoom in anymore, and two I was too busy trying to keep track of the other 3. These are a few that Spencer did manage to take.